What is an Internal Medicine Physician in Naples, FL?
Would you like to see the same doctor whether you have bronchitis or hurt your finger? Internal medicine physicians are uniquely qualified to care for all of your healthcare needs. Well-Being Medical Center in Naples, FL, explains how internal medicine physicians help you stay healthy.
What is internal medicine?
Internal medicine is a field of practice focused on treating adults. Doctors prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases that afflict all adults, from chronically ill patients, to short-term care.
Internists routinely see patients with conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and chronic lung disease. An internist may consult with doctors in other fields of medicine, or may be called to consult on a patient by another specialist.
What types of conditions and diseases do internal medicine physicians treat?
Internal medicine physicians treat a range of conditions and diseases, including:
- The flu and other upper respiratory infections
- Headaches and migraines
- Minor injuries
- Urinary tract infections
- Heartburn and other gastrointestinal symptoms
- Joint and muscle pain
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
In addition to these physical ailments, internal medicine physicians often provide treatment for mental health issues, such as depression.
What are the advantages of visiting an internal medicine physician?
When you become a patient of an internal medicine physician, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- A Strong Relationship: When you see the same doctor for years, you're more likely to develop a positive relationship. Thanks to this strong relationship, you may feel more comfortable discussing very personal health issues. When your doctor sees you regularly, he may also spot small changes in your health that may be subtle signs of a disease or condition.
- Excellent Diagnostic Skills: Internal medicine physicians are healthcare detectives. They gather and analyze clues to determine the cause of your symptoms. When you have a puzzling health problem, your internal medicine doctor systematically considers all of the possibilities when developing a diagnosis.
- The Services You Need: In addition to treating illnesses and diseases, internal medicine physicians also offer annual examinations, health screenings, gynecological examinations and vaccines that can help you avoid the flu or other illnesses.